Posted: April 7th, 2015
The Academy of European Law (ERA), based in Trier, Germany, is organising a conference on “Litigation and Settlements in Patent Disputes”
The conference, which is to be held in Trier on 7-8 May 2015, aims to provide patent litigators and attorneys with practical guidance on how to make the best use of EU and international legal instruments in litigation and mediation/arbitration proceedings.
Key topics are:
Litigating before the Courts
– Choice of courts and applicable law
– Domestic and cross-border injunctions
– Settlement of patent litigation and FRAND commitments
– Case management before the Unitary Patent Court and before national Courts
– Courts procedures over the EU
– Validity of no challenge clauses
Using alternative dispute resolution
– Pros and cons of mediation and arbitration in patent cases
– WIPO alternative dispute resolution mechanisms in practice
Speakers include: Marie Courboulay, Vice-President, Tribunal de Grande Instance, Paris, Hermann Deichfuß, Judge, Federal Court of Justice, Karlsruhe, Joachim Feldges, Partner, Allen & Overy LLP, Munich, Lilia Luchianov, Case Handler, DG Competition, European Commission, Brussels, John Temple Lang, Solicitor, Ireland, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, Brussels and Winfried Tilmann, Professor and Member of the Drafting Committee on the Rules of Procedure for the UPC; Of Counsel, Hogan Lovells International, Dusseldorf
The detailed programme, including details on fees and registration, may be read here.