The EPLAW Patent Blog is grateful for the donation made by the Dr. J. Alingh Prins Fund. This fund was founded in 1953 with the goal: “To promote and disseminate knowledge and science concerning industrial property, and to stimulate the development of the law relating to industrial property in The Netherlands.”
The fund was named after Dr. J. Alingh Prins (1875-1963), chairman of the Dutch Patent Council (Octrooiraad) from 1925 until 1940. Alingh Prins studied Math and Physics, and had a PhD in Law. Recently, the fund was transferred to the Dutch Group of the AIPPI, the VIE (Vereniging Industriële Eigendom).